Hi, this is Prince.And I'm going "rogue" taking over the Nan and Bubba's blog today! Shhh.......
Boy, let me tell you, this is the life! (Sorry, Mark, had to steal that line.) Bubba was right. It's like going from being homeless and sleeping on cardboard at Union Station to moving in at the Plaza Athene' with 600 tread-count sheets and room service!
Eat!
Eat!I am having so much fun on Hallmark Drive these days. Eat, sleep, play....eat, sleep, talk a walk, play...eat, sleep, play... You get the idea. I'm a lucky dog!
Meals here are also better. "Chicken Soup for Puppies" is the mix that I'm on now. It has chicken and lamb as the main protein sources, and not as much corn. Best part is that as I grow, I get to have more in my bowl! And I get some treats during the day when we are practicing our commands.
Sleep! Look at that soft carpet!!!
Sleep! Look at that soft carpet!!!Oh, it's not all play. I think I have the house-breaking, potty-training thing down. No accidents in the last couple of days. Since Nan put up the gate and keeps me in the kitchen and great room, that helps to keep me in view for my "I need to go outside NOW!!" signal.
Sit!Also, I am working on some basic commands with Nan. I do pretty well with "sit" and we are working on "down" now. There are some rumors circulating around the house that I will be going to school soon at Petsmart. I will let you know how that works out.
On our walks around the neighborhood, I am getting to know the smells and sounds. There are quite a few dogs on the street, and I think I've met most of them (through the fences). Had a small altercation with one of those teeny-tiny lap dogs. Looked like a miniature dobie, and acted liked one, too. She wanted to take my head off. All I wanted was a good sniff or two...
I made a wonderful discovery this morning...the heat vent. Periodically, it blows warm air out of the floor! It feels soooo good when you have just come in from playing in the cold. Heck, it feels good anytime. I've got to scout out the house for more of these hot spots.
Nan bought this super cool toy for me. It's called a flying squirrel, and it looks like a square Frisbee with a curve in it. That way I can easily pick it up. I pretend that I am fetching and returning, but I just grab it and run! I LOVE it!!!
Sometimes, I run across the gardens, and I don't think Bubba is happy about that --but I don't see any flowers coming out of the dirt. And, besides, I spend all day running on the grass. I just don't see the difference, but again, rumor has it that this will be part of my "formal training."
OK, I'd better sign off before Nan and Bubba discover me typing. I'll report back later -- after my nap!





No comments:
Post a Comment