You know what they say. If you say something out loud, you are more likely to do it. So I'm saying it out loud, "We are remodeling the hall bath!" and posting the "Before" pictures. This remodel is now officially underway!
Although I thought this was our August project, John wants to start the demo in July. So maybe we will be done by Labor Day? He's a fast worker and will keep me on track for sure. But, there will be some parts of the job where we will need some assistance -- like dragging the cast iron tub out of the house and putting up the glass in the shower.
Over the past few months we have been accumulating fixtures, tile, furniture, and lighting. We have tile stacked in closets and the remainder of the supplies out in the art studio. So I suppose there is no reason NOT to start this project NOW!
We are taking a long narrow room (5 1/2 feet by 12 feet) with a partition in the middle, and opening it up. The bath/shower will become a bath at the end of the room with a glass wall and door. The old built-in "pine painted white" vanity and the huge mirror will be replaced with an antique cabinet that will hold the sink. And the toilet will be liberated from the "squeeze" of the vanity and the bath wall.
This is the last room in the house to undergo a remodel. I am ready to say goodbye to our yellow tiles and lack of style. It will be great to have a beautiful and fully functional bath for our guests. Who knows.........I may sneak in and test the shower from time to time?!
No comments:
Post a Comment